Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sorry to Decline but I have Plans.. in Second Life!

A big concern and question by myself and many of my other English 103 classmates in regards to Second Life is where are all the people? Luckily, the next assignment offers the chance to encounter and socialize with the residents of Second Life. After browsing through a variety of activities scheduled for Oct. 17 in SL I decided to attend two events hosted through the Burning Life festival . In the process of making this decision I learned a fun and useful fact: Second Life operates on SLT- Second Life Time which is equivalent to Pacific time in First Life.

I plan to attend the Chang High Trinity Sisters Fireshow of Light, Life, and Love event as well as the "Pop/Soft Rock DJ Iknow Tomorrow" party in the desert of SL. I'm curious to see what virtual fireworks will look and sound like. The firework show is also the "welcome" event of the festival so I predict Fierce Soulstar will get much needed resident social experience there. The party in the desert is being hosted by Miss Bridget's Dance School. As a true lover of the art of dance this caught my eye because I wasn't aware dance schools existed in SL. I'm excited to get information about it; Fierce Soulstar would look great in virtual point shoes! Plus, I would love to see how "partying" appears virtually and determine if the virtual fun my avatar experience actually is enjoyable to me too.

Jozi Oakleaf will be accompanying me at these events; he's fierce enough to role with a soulstar. For the first time ever, I will have to decline any First Life social invitations on Oct. 7 between 3-5 pm because I have virtual engagements to attend instead!

1 comment:

  1. My wife ribbed me about BL..."so this weekend, you've got fake plans again?"

    Last year we actually put Iggy into dance-mode, turned up the speakers, and listened to a few bands while we did other things around the house. Iggy danced on, unaware that I'd left the keyboard.

    I'll try to be "live" at the festival this weekend & next week, and when I'm there I will send out group messages to the class.

    ReplyDelete